I have recently discovered Jimmy Beans Wool online – yes, I was looking for more yarn, Tosh DK actually, and found it – and hence their excellent newsletter. It has a magazine feel with an incredible amount of useful information. Updates on their own KALs – currently Game of Thrones Mystery KAL (Knit-along), based on the popular television series by HBO (for more info see the page on Ravelry game-of-thrones-mystery-kal). New yarns with detailed descriptions and photos, latest in inspiration – a great way of keeping updated on books and pattern booklets. It even includes a free pattern in addition to Terry’s Tips; usually a video clip; this time it is short rows with a wrap and turn. Of course it includes a sale section, staff (known as Beans) projects on needles, meet a Bean and an update on events. Amazing, how well informed I feel after just minutes of reading. The February newsletter tempted me with new luxurious yarns from Lotus Yarns made by pure mink and pure yak fibers. Yes, I would very much like to test those two; how they knit up and feel on my hands! Take a look here: newsletter and see if you agree. They are on my list of yarns to test, and as you probably guessed they are at the higher end of the price range. I do admit it, I am a yarn snob and take great pleasure in reading about new luxurious yarns!
- Regal Purple
- Group on Ravelry & Our Independence Day
- New Favourite Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Metalico
- Milanese Lace Shawl by Jane Brindley
- New Design: Summer Leaves Sweater
- Our Neighborhood
- Mulberry Silk Jacket by Nina Hove Myhre
- Mohair Poncho Jacket by Irene Welde Solsvik
- Joint Book Presentation by Arne & Carlos and Tine Solheim
- Accessories – the small touches of joy!